Monday, May 19, 2003

CHART: As of right now, this is the Amazon.co.uk top five records for 5 - 8 year olds:
1. Stripped Christina Aguilera
2. Say Goodbye [CD 1] S Club
3. The Very Best of Cold Feet Various
4. Say Goodbye [CD 2] S Club
5. Unbreakable: The Greatest Hits Westlife
Righto... so S Club and Westlife we can see (just about) but... Cold Feet? Cold Feet? What is this, infants gathering round the sand tray saying "Yeah, I could really relate to the whole IVF storyline..."?
And - again, we really do worry that we might be coming over a little bit like Tipper Gore, but... surely suggesting an album with lyrics like "Check it - Here's something I just can't understand/ If the guy have three girls then he's the man/ He can either give us some head, sex galore/ If the girl do the same, then she's a whore" or "Sorry I don't give a -what- / Sorry I ain't a diva / Sorry just know what I want / Sorry I'm not a virgin / Sorry I'm not a slut" is appropriate for five year old kids is a little bit - well, misjudged, to say the least?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.