Tuesday, July 01, 2003

METAPHOR HITS ICEBERG: Lisa Marie Presley - a singer in her own right, lets remember - has been talking about her ex husbands. Oddly, on the subject of Michael Jackson, she has this to say:

"I will just say that at one point I did say: 'This is like I'm on the Titanic and it's sinking.' And I wanted to help, because I could see certain things happening.
"But I said: 'I'm either going to jump now, or I'm going to go down with you. So I'm going to get out.' He said: 'Am I sinking?' I said: 'Yeah.' And then I walked. And he is sinking.
"I didn't know how long it would take, I didn't know when. I just knew there was going to be a karma situation. You can't possibly conduct yourself a certain way and get away with it. I knew the karma police were coming. Do I feel guilt that I left him? On the contrary."


Well, which one of us can truly say we've not dumped a partner because of an approaching iceberg shaped liked a karma situation. Or maybe a karma situation that looks like an iceberg. But we hope if our head ever gets so screwed we start to behave like Jackson, our wife would do more to help than to just mutter a tortured metaphor. But then we imagine we'd be more likely to go down like the Belgrano, to be honest, so maybe it won't be an issue.

Worryingly, Lisa Marie says she's not got a man-go-dating-boy at the moment because it would be a distraction from her work. Apparently she has to choose between making bad records or having destructive sex with inappopriate husbands. Let's hope she joins FriendFinder soon, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.