Friday, May 28, 2004

DOHERTY'S OUT... AGAIN: Pete Doherty's quit the Libertines to spend more time with his side projects. He reckons he's been let down by the band:

"I'm heading to Paris to escape with my girlfriend Irene. She's the one person who understands me. She will help me give up the crack pipe.

"I couldn't do that in The Priory. I was barely aware of what was going on in there. All these visitors were coming in to see me and saying they were my family and my sisters - but really they weren't.
"I want to clean up but it's something I have to do on my own terms."
Doherty said he felt neglected by his bandmates - Carl Barat, John Hassall and Gary Powell - and manager Alan McGee.
He said he was particularly disappointed in best friend Carl, with whom he shares a complicated love/hate relationship. Pete burgled his home last year to help fund his drug habit, and ended up serving three weeks in prison.
Doherty also said: "Being a Libertine is supposed to be about freedom - but I don't feel free at the moment. I want people to take me seriously as a musician - not just portray me as a junkie."


Thing is, of course, most people seem to think of Pete as a serious musician alongside being a bit of a junk casualty...

We reckon he'll be back in the Libertines by Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.