Thursday, June 10, 2004

AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU...: Despite it having been ruined, ruined, ruined by Whitney Houston treating it as an opportunity to grandstand her ability to wedge more notes in a song than any one tune needs, Country Music Television has decided Dolly Parton's I Will Always Love You is the greatest love song ever. The full top ten they came up with - and, remember, they're Country music television:

1. I will always love you - dolly parton
2. you were always on my mind - willie nelson
3. sweet dreams - patsy cline
4. forever and ever, amen - randy travis
5. hello, darlin' - conway twitty
6. unanswered prayers - garth brooks
7. amazed - lonestar
8. she believes in me - kenny rogers
9. I cross my heart - george strait
10. golden ring - george jones and tammy wynette

No Nanci Griffiths, we note.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.