Tuesday, June 22, 2004

FOR SHAME: The Red Hot Chili Peppers gigs in London at the weekend sound like they were something special - you can still catch Sunday's gig for the next few days on BBC Radio One's listen again service - but apparently the even more wonderful Chicks On Speed were bottled off the stage on Saturday. The rudderless Daily Mirror sort of missed the point of what they'd seen:

Dire three-piece rock group Chicks On Speed's set lasted only 20 minutes at Hyde Park on Saturday, during which they were booed and pelted with bottles. After several direct hits they surrendered and stormed off stage screaming "f*** you". Charmed, we're sure.



Apparently, the 3AM Girls don't understand why anyone would be pissed off at being pelted by bottles when you're trying to do your job - let's hope that nobody takes the chance to demonstrate the next time the Showbiz Kittens are desperately trying to get into some club full of tossers.


1 comment:

Amy said...

I feared something like that would happen ever since I heard that the Chicks were supporting - the Chillis' fans aren't the most open-minded bunch (huge generalisation, I know - so sue me, 15 year old boys...)

The Chicks are wonderful - and the 3AM girls have proved themselves even more clueless than Dominic Mohan when it comes to music with this piece of trash masquerading as journalism. If I weren't the peace-loving type, I'd be saving my bottles for my next trip to Canary Wharf... ;)

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.