Saturday, August 28, 2004

WE NEVER THOUGHT WE'D AGREE WITH BRIAN MCFADDEN: The former Westlifer says that he quit the boyband because he was getting depressed by their relentles dirgey shitey cabaret rubbish. Of course, Brian was lucky - he'd been having to put up with it all these years, but at least was banking large cheques; the rest of us didn't get compensated for having to endure. Brian's keen to make up the yawning cultural deficit he's created, though:

"I don't want to be like anybody. I want to be me. I want to do commercial rock."

Oh, good. Having spent the last - what is it, decade, thirty years? it feels longer - churning out MOR pap, he's now going to churn out MOR pap with the drums turned up.

Apparently, the poor little lamb even has trouble when he tries to do stock rebellion:

"I was missing home. I was missing Kerry and everything was getting to me. So I just drank the mini-bar and them tried to throw the telly out of the window and it landed on my head."


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.