Wednesday, August 04, 2004

YOU'LL FIND 'PITY ME' IN DURHAM, PETE: There are two sides to every story, at the very least (apart from most eastenders plotlines) and here's Pete Doherty (the man with a thousand justifications) take on the Barfly gig:

well hello everyone.. you certainly find out who you your friends are in times of trouble, and right now it's clear their are many who just can't wait for me to fail and appear a flaky junky, unreliable and fucked up on drugs. The fact is that there was no way in heaven or hell I could have played the barfly gig after the bullying and bastardly dastardly bouncer done what he did. Throwing his weight around for no other reason than that he could. If this website wasnae so slow in uploading downloads then I'd put up the frontline video footage that Anne took at the time and you could all see what went down. I apologize to all those who lost out, but given some of the reactions, I'm glad that a few of you have been inconvenienced. In fact, I'll eek out all of the gits until I can be sure I'm playing to a crowd who trust me, beleive in me , and don't turn on me at the first chance they get. You want clockwork, amoral live music? There's plenty of that about. What I did I did for you.. and the response is quite heartbreaking.
Friday's barfly gig goes ahead on the promise that bullyboy won't be present, and we're gonna do a special gig at the great eastern hotel beachparty for those with ticket stubs from mondays fiasco.
The tour continues apace though, and I'll see you in Bristol/ Shrewsbury as planned. bonjour. peterx


It would be awful if people got the idea that Pete was a flaky, unreliable, fucked-up junky, wouldn't it? Thank God he's not been behaving like he is for the last six months.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.