Friday, October 22, 2004

LUDACRIS CUTS O'REILLY SOME SLACK: In the US, Bill O'Reilly is one of the crazy cast of characters from the spoof Fox News network - the shctick is that this is a channel which keeps claiming to be "fair and unbiased" while pumping out eyeball spinning neocon propaganda; there's a side plot where their attempts to protect the purity of American families their owner is simulataneously pumping out programmes about people shagging on islands and so on. It's all quite funny, though a little overblown: no real news channel would use all the onscreen graphics and stabs like that. Anyway, O'Reilly has been on the wrong end of a lawsuit suggesting he's been attempting to put the sexual sauce on some of his co-workers. You'd expect that the people who he's made a career out of ripping to shreds would be lining up to give some back, wouldn't you? Except it's not happening like that - in a lesson we hope Fox News might be able to understand, Ludacris has been swift to explain the distinction between 'allegations' and 'facts':

“I’ll be real, I always give somebody the benefit of the doubt,” Ludacris told AllHipHop.com. “He’s just being accused. It’s innocent until proven guilty. Its just bad press for him now.”

Not that he's not enjoying it:

“The fact that there [might be] proof that he said ‘certain words’ is really killing me,” Ludacris laughed. “I’d be lying if I didn’t say it brings a smile to my face. These are words that I say and this mother fucker is saying the same words that I say and is criticizing me?”


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.