Wednesday, January 05, 2005

DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE: In a sweet little outburst, Charlie Busted from Busted has said that he'd if he was forced to choose between Busted, the band that he's in, and Fightstar, his side project, he'd plump for the life of not-very-good rock and smaller sales:

"I can't say too much because of the politics involved, but Fightstar is what I do and so, if I have to choose, there's not even a question as to what I'd do.

"The Busted thing happened when I was 16. I saw an opportunity, took it and it was better than being at school. It was a fun job but I'd never claim Busted was anything other than a pop band.

"Busted is not the ideal band I'd like to be in by any stretch of the imagination."


He sounds for all the world like every other not-very-good guitarist talking about his day job, doesn't he? "Nah, la', I'm tellin you... once me band Garbagepail Genuine finalises our contract with EMI, I'm thowin' in the job at the sortin' office, la, once an' f'all..." It's just most of them don't have large groups of nubile teens sobbing "Don't quit the Post Office, please..." when they say it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.