Thursday, March 10, 2005

WHEN I SAID YOU'LL PLAY ROBBIE WILLIAMS OVER MY DEAD BODY, THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT

The latest easily-knocked off survey from Music Choice has explored what music is most popular for funerals, discovering the depressing news that, while Italians and the French slip away to the sound of something uplifting and classical, in Britain, more people make their final journey to the sound of Robbie Williams doing Angels - suggesting there really is no bloody escape from that awful, awful song, even in death. Number two choice is My Way (we bet loads of coffins get halfway to the curtains before the grieving realise they meant "the other one, the 'start spreading the news, I'm leaving today' one) and third is Monty Python's Always Look On The Bright Side of Life. As if funerals aren't depressing enough already.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today" song is actually "New York, New York". The song you're thinking of, "My Way" (as sung by Sinatra) starts off, "Regrets, I've had a few..."

Anonymous said...

Hence the "the other one", I suppose.



This list [apologies for self-link] is some sobering reading, too.

Anonymous said...

Hence the "the other one", I suppose.



This list [apologies for self-link] is some sobering reading, too.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.