Thursday, May 26, 2005

YOU'VE NOTICED IT, TOO, THEN

If you had any doubt who the creative powerhouse of Blur was, all you have to do is compare this:



Damon's cartoon band


with this:



Graham's solo work


Anyway, it's clear that - however he wants to try and dress it up, Damon knows that Blur needs Graham far more than it needs him:

“I grew up with Graham and it’s really confusing when you grow apart from someone who you grew up with. I’ve only got a sister so I did consider him for many years to be like my brother and it’s a real shame that there’s been such a breakdown in communication.

”But as far as playing again live I can’t play any other stuff that he worked (on) without him. I feel that there’s a horrible hole in the sound if he’s not there and obviously if we could get back or move forward to a time when everyone felt comfortable again… I don’t quite understand why there’s such a tension because when we actually meet in a room together, all of us, we all get on fine.”


In the meantime, of course, there's always comic cuts to play with - Noodles and Murdoch and Mr. Jinks and... God, he really needs to win Graham back over, doesn't he?


2 comments:

Sara said...

On a train yesterday we stopped at a station where I was faced with a big promo for the Gorillaz new album. I humphed and thought how shite the cartoon crapness is, and pondered on how I used to think Damon a shiny talent. Then I noticed the title "Demon days" is actually an anagram of Damon dyes and wondered if it were a subliminal code to alert the world to the fact that it is all over for Mr Albarn. Then the train moved off.
Thrilling anecdote hey?

simon h b said...

This almost makes me want to look for other subliminal messages in the album... although that would, of course, mean listening to it which makes it a less attractive course of action...

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.