Thursday, June 09, 2005

NOW, THAT'S AN INTERVENTION

While we can understand why Shirley Manson suggested that the best thing Pete Doherty could do would be talk to Dave Grohl, surely the person who could get the most out of Grohl's advice would be Carl Barat? Dave's bag, after all, is building a distinct career away from the dark shadow of a drugged-to-death colleague. Anyway, Dave's got some advice for Pete:

"I mean, with someone like Pete from the Libertines, who I have never met, God, it's like a biography that you have read 10 times before. It doesn't have to be that way.

"I'm not one to preach to anybody. I've had my share of fun, too. But music is such a beautiful thing. I would hate to see it suffer to something like drugs. What a drag. What a waste. Such a bummer.

"In a way it is almost glorified, you know. 'Wow, he must be a bad a*s, he is living the life.' To me it just seems like, 'God, don't do it.' It's such a cliched dead end. But at the same time I don't mind drinking half a bottle of whiskey every now and then with some friends."


We don't know if the advice is any good - we were too busy going "heh... he said 'bummer'... heh heh..."


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.