Tuesday, July 26, 2005

BABYSHAMBLES MELTDOWN COUNTDOWN: YOU MEAN... YOU MADE IT UP, PETE?

Pete Doherty is now on such a steep downwards curve that he's taken to drunkenly phoning up the 3am column at, erm, 4 am. Apparently he must have got an answering machine:

"Hello it's, errr, Pete Doherty here and I'm a little bit concerned about a story that's been going about saying one of Bob Geldof's kids is harassing me.

"I've been trying to ehhh, get hold of his number myself, but I've had a bit of, errr, trouble.

"So could you put in your paper Pete Doherty would like to apologise to Bob and his daughters." The Babyshambles singer went on: "It's quite emmm, upsetting to me because I thought I got on well with Bob and his daughters.

"Kate has known these girls since they were babies as well, so it's all a bit wrong."


We're sure Bob will be really, emmm, touched by that. The guilt really eats away at you in the middle of the night, doesn't it?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may also have noticed that the British government, as part of its drive to improve literacy levels, is - wait for it - GIVING BOOKS AWAY TO CHILDREN. Do they not realise that this will simply make children believe that books should come free and never pay for a book again? Worse is the fad for leaving books you've finished with on trains and at bus stops, etc., with a note to pass it on when you've finished with it - this 'book-sharing' initiative is tantamount to forgetting that the experience of literature is a wholly private matter, designed for jealous people, founded on priuvate property, and not to involve any sense of fellow feeling, altruistic impulse, or faith in community. I expect literacy levels to tumble for the next generation and if I'm wrong, well, I'm in fabulously moronic company.

Anonymous said...

Looks like he's taken to posting his thoughts on child literacy here too - any port in a storm, eh Pete?

Anonymous said...

Ah, I meant to attach it to the previous blogpost... yours ever, Petey xx

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.