Thursday, September 08, 2005

LIBIDO GOES WALKABOUT

The Noise Next Door - "teen punk band", it says here, although they look more like children's entertainers to us - have changed their songwords in a bid to get played on the radio.



Not that the song is Fuck Forever or anything:

The line "I don't want to sleep with dirty girls tonight" has been changed to "I don't want to be with flirty girls tonight" and the opening "My libido has gone walkabout" has been cut.

The song had been called Dirty Girls. It's now called Miss U. It's unclear if they've also taken the chance to address the other issue that threatens to keep the song off TV and the radio, that of it sounding rubbish.

We love this level of panic over a gently spicy song. It reminds us that we were watching an advert for Pride and Prejudice - the new version, with him out of Spooks in it - the other night, and where the caption warning "Contains sex and violence" usually pops up, they genuinely carried a warning to parents: "Contains mild innuendo."


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what galls me the most, the fact that they are the shittest band on the planet or the fact they are gingers who dye their hair to hide the fact they are gingers.

Anonymous said...

Probably the fact you're ginger and aren't in a band. But if you were in a band I'm sure people would thing that you were the shittest band on the planet.

Sebastian said...

go libido, keep up because I really love your music and I can't afford to miss every song release of yours. You have many followers, my friends also liked your music and also my family.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.