Wednesday, November 23, 2005

THEY'D RATHER GO NAKED


You wouldn't wear your dog is the, erm, not entirely obvious plea from Tegan and Sara in their PETA campaign against fur.

“We just have no idea why anyone would want to wear fur,” said Tegan. “I've never thought, ‘I want to wear an animal around my shoulders.’ I don’t think fur looks very good on people. … I think it’s really unattractive, and it’s ridiculous.

“I don’t think the fur industry has a chance. I have the feeling that young people today are intelligent enough.”


It would be lovely to think that people are now smart enough to make wise clothing choices, but a glance at any gathering of more than four people might crush that hope before it has a chance to grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.