Tuesday, December 13, 2005

THE SMITHS REUNITED (EXCEPT MORRISSEY... NATURALLY)

For the first time since the band reinvented itself as a perpetual suing machine, The Smiths are going to play together again. Except for Morrissey and Mike Joyce. Okay, that means that Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke will be doing it, though, as part of Manchester v Cancer on January 28th. Johnny Marr has been talking about the reunion:

"Andy and I go back a long way, since our school days. We have been hanging out and seeing each other and he told me about this project. I literally applauded him and said I wanted to get involved with it if he needed any help. It's a privilege to be part of it as I am aware of the work that [charity hospital] Christie does.

"It's not the easiest thing getting something like this together because it needs to be done on a fairly big scale to have any significance so I think Andy is really brave. But who would refuse his offer to get involved? I mean, who could refuse it? You can't unless you are out of the country on tour. I made sure I was around and I'm looking forward to it - it will be a good night."


Actually, we suspect that even in Morrissey was in the country - even if he was in Manchester - he'd find an excuse to not take part - like "I'm cutting Johnny Rogan's car's brake cables that night" or something.


1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Awww, you got me all excited with that headline. Although I'm sure a good pun opportunity was missed there somewhere! ;-)

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.