Wednesday, February 01, 2006

JAMES BOURNE HAS A VISION OF THE END OF THE WORLD

We wonder what could possibly be driving James Bourne's subconscious that has led him to take up painting visions of an angry armageddon since his cosy job in Busted was replaced with a humiliating role in Blink182-alike Son of Dork?

"I like painting and do it as a hobby when we are touring but I'm not going to be leaving Son of Dork to become a painter."

James said he is inspired by his surroundings but admits his subject matter can be quite dark at times. He said: "I painted the end of the world recently. I created the picture when I went to Westwood Studios near the Hammersmith flyover in London.

"It started off as buildings and I did the sea and then I put red all over it and called it Armageddon."


In the afternoon, presumably, it was a couple of hours play in the sandpit and a story.

It's not an unprecedented career path, of course. Rolf Harris used to make records on which he pretended to be considerably younger than he actually was and then went on to become a painter, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.