Friday, March 10, 2006

THE WORK ETIHX

She's only being cruel to be kind, of course, but Christina Aguilera thinks some younger singers aren't putting in the hours:

“I’m on a different schedule to the new girls. I hide out for a year in my studio. I’m not naming names, but it’s more about the party scene with some of those girls than doing anything creative.”

We can only imagine the hours of thought and sweat and - yes - pure, untrammelled creativity that led to this lyric, for example:

Ah, heat is up
So ladies, fellas
Drop your cups
Body's hot
Front to back
Now move your ass
I like that

Do you think Ashlee Simpson could come up with that sort of poetry? No, because she's down the bar, not standing in a studio with her arse hanging out her leather trousers trying to think up a rhyme for "there's no stopping."


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.