Wednesday, April 05, 2006

PRESTON: ALL HEAT, NO LIGHT

Whatever happened to The Ordinary Boys, then? The problem with Preston's Big Brother gamble was it relied on the band having enough velocity of its own to avoid being sucked wholly into the Heat magazine black hole, where celebrities don't do anything other than revolve around themselves.

It hasn't worked. Today, Preston is in Heat talking about his proposal. Apparently, when he proposed to his long-standing girlfriend after spending two weeks fooling about with Chantelle, the poor lamb was "panicked":

"I just panicked and wanted to make things right and I had these feelings for Chantelle that I shouldn't have had.

"In the house the thought of me with Chantelle didn't enter my mind, because I knew I wasn't allowed to...so I really hadn't thought about it.

"When I came out of the house, I had a chance to weigh everything up, and I was like shit, I really want to make everything right with Camille.

"Like an idiot, I thought that was the right thing to do and I guess it made everything worse - eventually we had a conversation that led to us splitting up."


"I guess it made everything worse" - this, of course, is what passes for sensitivity in the modern male.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.