Tuesday, May 30, 2006

ECONOMICS 101 WITH DAVE GILMOUR

Dave Gimour is fretting about how much money he has:

"I do feel uncomfortable with the degree of wealth that comes with the territory I occupy. "

"We live in a capitalist society, I suppose, and it's only a matter of supply and demand. "

"And I do look at other bands and think, well, we are a fuck of a sight better than them. "

"But it is extraordinarily perverse that I as a musician am paid so much more than, say, a doctor, or a nurse, or a teacher."


Oddly, Gilmour's worries didn't keep him so awake at night that he felt he ought to offer some of his enormous jacuzzis of cash back to, say, pay for some teachers or something.

"Terrible, mate," he said, shoving some more bunches of twenty quid notes down his shirt front, "but what can I do? I'm a victim of a capitalist conspiracy."


4 comments:

ian said...

That's a bit mean. I'm sure David Gilmour paid for no end of teachers for the little Gilmours at an exclusive private school.

Andrew Sherman said...

What he has done

Anonymous said...

Didn't he sell a mansion too, and give the proceeds to the homeless?

He also called for the profits made from extra CD sales from Live8 performers to be given to charity.

Anonymous said...

Yeah - He's better than most: He's no saint, but who is?

Oh, of course. Fucking Bono.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.