Tuesday, May 09, 2006

MOMMY DEAREST

Of course, Ananova headlines the story Madge says she's a 'crap mother', but clearly, Madonna is saying nothing of the sort:

"It is a struggle to balance my career with my children. I'm always going: "Oh God, I'm a crap mother". I want to get home and put my kids to bed.

"And then sometimes, if I'm spending a lot of time with my children, I think: "Oh God, I just want to be an artist". And you know, it's hard."


To us, that sounds less like she's saying she actually is a crap mother, more just inviting us to feel sympathy for her, as she struggles to balance the churning out of albums, appearing at cult sign-up sessions, approving the books she's apparently written, organising photoshoots with thingybloke, her husband, and - at the same time
- still finding time to fax over insuructions to the childminder.

Lourdes, it seems, doesn't really want Maddy around much anyway:

"Sometimes she doesn't want me to come to certain things because she knows everyone is going to pay attention to me and then they'll treat her differently.

"I took her to school on the first day last year, and all these kids were buzzing around.

"She came home that day and she was really irritated and kind of bummed out, like people were playing this contest - what would it be like to be Madonna's daughter?"


Lourdes' friends are nine years old, Madonna. Would they even know who you are? It's not like you're one of the Pussycat Dolls or anything.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will say now that I am SHOCKED that Madonna produced a child that throws a hissy fit every time somebody other than her gets some attention. SHOCKED.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.