Friday, August 04, 2006

DFA1979 PACK THEIR TRUNKS AND SAY GOODBYE TO THE CIRCUS

Because, in the end, they weren't even talking, Death From Above 1979 have split and reached their sexy results.

They talked enough to agree a farewell statement, written by bass player Jesse F. Keeler:

"I know it's been forever since I wrote anything on here. I'm sure by now most of you assume the band isn't happening anymore since there are no shows, no work on a new album, etc. Well I wanted to let you know that your assumptions are correct. We decided to stop doing the band... actually we decided that almost a year ago.

"We started as a punk band with pop aspirations and we met every goal we set for ourselves. A few weeks ago, the album finally went gold in Canada and that was the final mark I really wanted to reach.

"Over the last 3 years of touring, Sebastien (Grainger) and I had grown apart to such an extent that the only real time we spoke was just before we would play and during interviews. We both changed so much that the people we were by the end of it, probably wouldn't have been friends if they were to meet for the first time again. It's a totally normal function of growing up.""


DFA1979Plug: What they did while they were growing up: You're a Woman I'm a Machine


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's fucking heartbreaking. They were so bloody good and I only got to see them properly once. RIP DFA.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.