Thursday, October 19, 2006

I can't tell the difference between/ Phil Collins and Genesis

We suspect that Peter Gabriel might have just earned his place in heaven - no sooner had Genesis announced their intention to get back together, than someone realised that they might need to invite Pete along. You know, for old time sake.

It could have been terrible - would Phil have been forced to spend the evening at the back of the stage, pounding away, while Gabriel attempted to deliver some of the more cheesey, upbeat late-period Genesis? Can you imagine Peter Gabriel trying to make his way through Illegal Alien?

Instead, Gabriel has decided to step aside gracefully:

"There were conversations and I decided not to be a part of it," Gabriel told BBC News.

"I'm very happy for them," said Gabriel.

"It's not that I've ruled it out, but I've got some new material that I'll be working on."


The only disappointment is for Mary Wimbrush, the wardrobe mistress for the reunion tour, who had spent the best part of a fortnight fashioning a lawnmower-shaped hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.