Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Noisettes say sorry to Pete

There was a bit of scuttling at the Birmingham Babyshambles show on Sunday; support band the Noisettes lashed out when Doherty crashed their set:

After the show guitarist Dan Smith blasted Doherty via Myspace saying: “I'd just like to say, Pete, what the fuck were you doing coming out onstage while we were setting up to play? Are you really that much of an egomaniac or did you want to actually sabotage our show?”

A little while later, an apology appeared, perhaps when the Noisettes remembered their position in the pecking order:

“I'm sorry- I don't mean any ill will to Pete and the rest of the Babyshambles- I don't really know Pete and I’m sure he didn’t really mean any harm.”

“Drew (Babyshambles) actually was back there trying to reset Shingai's shoulder and those guys have been really nice to us for the whole tour. Nigel got all our gear off the stage and bailed us out in Dublin when our van died.”

“I just got really upset seeing my friend Shing in such pain and I’m more angry with myself for just being useless in the face of all this - I kind of froze - didn’t know what to do.”


There was a gentle smell of "Oh, fuck... will this do" about the second post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.