Tuesday, October 17, 2006

To the victor, the spoils

We don't know if the person who's going to win the X Factor have yet been told that they'll be coming out on top, but we'd imagine those struggling to win the teatime talent show will be taking a pause from being yelled at by Louis Walsh this morning to wonder if it's all worth it. Because what will victory bring?

Success on the level of Steve Brookstein, perhaps. We'll save you the trouble of googling him; he was the first winner of the X-Factor. Now, he's scraping 120 ticket sales in Worthing. Elsewhere on his tour, to be fair, he's managing to sell out venues by the good luck of only having the budget to hire out small places.

Brookstein, though, insists that he was made promises on ticketing which haven't been kept:

"I don't know what's going on but basically the tour is being really badly promoted. I am really disappointed. People, even my friends, aren't able to buy tickets, even when they are available. It's promotional incompetence and I'm getting shafted left, right and centre.

"Other gigs are doing much better though and the actual show is amazing which, as far as I'm concerned, is what it's all about.

"Worthing was disastrous but other venues, like Essex, have been fantastic and I've been getting great regional reviews. The show is absolutely wicked and I guarantee that the music I'm giving people is far, far better than anything been performed on the Saturday night X Factor shows."


Plus, we imagine he'll offer to reheel your shoes if you turn up.


1 comment:

Mikey said...

Meanwhile dear little David Sneddon (remember him?) is playing my local

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.