Friday, November 10, 2006

Duetting with your ghost voice

Urmila MatondkarWe're not quite sure that, if we were recording an album of duets, we'd call in someone whose singing was judged so poor, we'd been invited twice to overdub her singing.

But then, we're not about to question the judgement of Asha Bhosle, who has just requested Urmila Matondkar join her on record:

"When we met recently, she was telling someone that she'd sung for me in Rangeela and then I reminded her that way back, she'd also sung for me in my film Chamatkar.

And then I sang a couple of lines from the song that was picturised on Shah Rukh Khan and me, Bichoo, ye bichoo mujhe kaat jayega to her. The next day, she called me up and said that I would have to sing a duet with her in her new album and, of course, I was shocked at her request, but agreed!"


The small mercy is that Urmila has decided that this one adventure in stereo will be her only one; she's not looking to be the Bollywood Kylie. For now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.