Saturday, November 18, 2006

Heather Mills wasn't in it for the money

Heather Mills has insisted that she didn't marry Paul McCartney for his money, and can prove it. She told Extra that she can't be greedy, because she does a lot of good work for charity:

“I fell in love for the right reasons. I fell in love unconditionally.

“Eighty-five per cent of my income goes to my charity. The word gold digger doesn’t go with that.

“If I was a gold digger, I would have a lot of money in my bank account. I’d be worth millions and millions.

“I’m a good mother, I’m a good person.”


Actually, Heather, if you were a gold digger, you wouldn't have the millions in your account until the divorce goes through. And saying "I don't have hardly anything in my bank account" is hardly proof of anything much at all. You could, of course, prove those who think that you're a gold digger by, erm, refusing to accept a penny of your ex-husband's money. It really is that simple.

Of course, it'd be an expensive way to prove the point; and, after all, if people think you're a gold-digger, having a few millions might take the sting away somewhat, don't you think?


1 comment:

Mikey said...

85% of what income? I wasn't aware that Ms.Mills was gainfully employed.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.