Thursday, January 25, 2007

Our lips are sealed

Pete Burns is launching a million pound claim against the Harley Street surgeon who was responsible for his lip job. Burns says the op to remove lip implants was botched:

In an exclusive interview he told the Standard he looked like he had been "mutilated with a Stanley knife" after surgery to correct the original problems left his top lip hanging off.

"It has taken away my life and my career. I saw doctors in London who said the only option was to amputate my lips. I was suicidal.

"Eventually I found a doctor in Italy who knew the product and said he could remove it. I had 17 months of procedures and now I am back again having more."


We're not sure there's much argument that there was something very badly wrong with Burns' lips, and if the surgeon did make a mistake, then, yes, legal action is appropriate. We do, however, raise an eyebrow or two:

Burns' solicitor, Auriana Griffiths, said: "Pete has endured considerable pain and suffering following injection of Outline Original. This product should never have been administered to him.


"As a result of the damage caused by the treatment, Pete has been unable to fully pursue his career in music and in the media.

"Today we have issued court proceedings against Dr Viel."


We're not sure it's possible to prove either way, but it's not as if Pete Burns had an astonishing career in 1999 that had disappeared in 2000, is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.