Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pink: I've been an arse

Pink has apologised and attempted to clarify her calls for Australia to be banned in some way as a response to the practice of mulesing, the chopping of bits of sheep butts.

Pink has now revealed she hadn't done enough research. After digging a little deeper, she's discovered that the process was already being phased out, and, more crucially, she's got a big tour planned for Australia this year:

"I probably could have been a lot more researched, on my own. That's the lesson I'm taking from this.

"My message was, in my mind, boycott animal cruelty - not an entire industry, not Australia, obviously, because it's my favourite country.

"Then going back, I was speaking without thinking and I actually did say ban Australia. It's not something that I can agree with.

"I have nothing against farmers. I grew up in rural Pennsylvania. I don't want to hurt anyone, I just want the animals to hurt less."


Interestingly, Pink is suggesting that she'd not been properly briefed by PETA before recording her message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.