Friday, March 02, 2007

Bragg prepares nice surprise for Pete Doherty

It's all a good cause, really: Billy Bragg is launching an appeal to get musical instruments into prison:

Aware that this year sees the fifth anniversary of the passing of Joe Strummer, I was hoping to be involved in more than just another tribute gig. Hearing the Clash as a 19-year-old had changed my life, so I guess I was looking for a project that underscored the transformative power of music.

"I'm asking musicians, particularly those of you who were inspired by the Clash, to raise the money to provide a prison with enough equipment to help inmates find that same sense of release."

The jail doors initiative would like to hear from you on billy@jailguitardoors.org.uk if you can help.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.