Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cranberries: Single serving

Dolores O'Riordan has been best known in the last few years for the whole nanny business, but now... well, now, she's coming back as a solo artist. She says she's all-new, like the Pink Panther when he had Crazylegs Crane on the show:

"My time after The Cranberries was a clean slate - no pressure and no contracts. It was the first time in my life I was a free agent. I had no inhibitions, which is how I felt when I first started out. That's all visible here.

"The album was an awakening for me in my life - a journey that I completed. It's like I crossed a bridge which is a great new plateau to be on. My life is different to how it was 10 years ago and there's a great sense of acceptance. It's a very exciting time to be releasing music again too."

"A journey I completed"? It's your bloody job, woman. And is it physically possible for a bridge to a new plateau? Or is this just the noise-making ramblings of someone who realises there's nothing very much to say about a nice-ish album of songs for dinner parties?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.