Monday, March 12, 2007

I'm From Fairly Serious Monthly: MTV rushes Rolling Stone series off-air

Who, we wondered idly, in the MTV America audience would find a reality series about starry-eyed youngsters trying to get jobs with Rolling Stone compelling? In 2006? Even although RS is currently running some of the best writing it's done in years, the magazine demographic hardly chimes with the sort of people who want Pimp My Ride, The Real World, Look! I Have Hookers In My Bedroom and the other enterfactumentainmentism on the network.

Now we know: nobody. The remaining segments are being squished into a single hour, which is going to be thrown out after dark next weekend.

No word yet on if MTV UK is really piloting a show featuring teenagers competing to get an internship on the FT's Lex column.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, that made me laugh so much! Someone has to go now and make "Look I have hookers in my bedroom".

BTW is Robbie still not gay? There hasn't been a report for a while and I definitely worried.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.