Wednesday, April 11, 2007

At last, we have common ground with Chester Bennington

Like, ooh, most of the sentient world, Chester Bennington has admitted that he hates nu-metal. Of course, the difference is, most of the sentient world weren't in one of the great nu-metal behemoths Linkin Park:

"There's still a hip-hop element to us, and there'll always be. But we've really moved away from anything that sounds like nu-metal. I know that we kind of helped create, I guess, the sound of that genre, but I hate that genre. I'm not going to speak for everyone, but I can personally tell you that I am not a big fan of almost everybody in that category."

However, he's not, apparently, so disgusted by his involvement as to return money to people who bought into it. No, he wants us all to look to the future, and believe him when he says the new Linkin Park sound is... different, better, not nu-metallic.

We do like the way he's so coy about not naming names, and then slags off everyone en masse instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.