Saturday, April 28, 2007

I, alone, could reunite the Roses

Not me, you understand. And even if by some accident - presumably involving pulling a magic letter from a jacket on a train in town or something - I did have the power to bring The Stone Roses back together, I'd probably choose not to use that. It'd only end in tears.

Mani, though, reckons he - and he alone - has the power. He doesn't think it's that compelling an idea, either:

"I'm the only person who could bring it back together again," he told Uncut magazine. "John Squire knows how to craft a tune, Ian Brown knows how to craft a tune. I don't know if any of us are powerful without each other. The magic was the power of four.

"At the end of the day I'm not going to lose any sleep over a reunion, because those days are gone."

We love the idea that The Stone Roses are kind of akin to WITCH - could there be some sort of magic amulet lost in Affleck's Palace which contains their power?

Still, we're taking this as the first step to their reunion on day one of Coachella 2009.


1 comment:

DJ Samba said...

I'm sure there are many, many things lost in Afflecks. Stone Roses power amulet? I think not.
--
52albums.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.