Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Keith Richards: the sad face of addiction

What Keith Richards may or may not have done with his Dad's ashes is between him, a panel of ethicists and toxicologists, and his conscience.

We're a little more disturbed by the tale in this morning's Sun, which sees Keith hurling Ronnie Wood's five year-old son's canary out the window when it woke him from some drug-induced slumber or other:

The screeching bird owned by Ronnie’s son Jamie, then five, was disturbing his headache so much he plucked it from its perch and flung it out in the garden.

The bird was found and put back before Jamie woke up. Jamie, who's now supposedly an adult, thinks it's all a massive jape:
Last night Jamie, now 32, told The Sun: “My mum told me the story the other day. She said Keef thought the canary was an alarm clock. He cracks me up, the ashes story was hilarious.”

Yeah, what a crack-up. A bloke so sadly ruined by drugs he can't tell the difference between a living creature and an inanimate object - despite having it in his hand while heading over to, and opening, a window - and tossing a kid's pet out. What a diamond geezer.

I suppose we should be grateful it was a canary and not a hamster.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused, is this blog about music or moralizing on everything?

Simon Hayes Budgen said...

It's about music, but written with an attitude that thinks cruelty to animals is unacceptable.

eyetie said...

I like to think of this blog as my musical conscience telling me about stuff I should be listening to or going to see while telling/reminding me that not all music is as the artists and/or PR people describe it.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.