Saturday, April 14, 2007

Madonna isn't, of course, adopting again

Even while Madonna (or rather, her spokesperson) is denying she's planning to swoop for a second malawian child, the grandmother of her first target is saying she was told that was then plan all along:

Athnette Mwale, 58, said charity workers told her and son Yohane — David’s biological father — that Madonna “would return for another child very soon”.

She said: “I have prayed to God that my boy will have a sister to play with from his own country. When the adoption people came to speak to Yohane about David they said Madonna would give him the best life in the world. And they promised that she would find him a sister, another orphan from Malawi.”

David's dad, Yohane, chipped in that he was hoping for a visit from his son:
Yohane, 31, speaking from Lipungo, a village of 30 mud huts, said: “I have never met Madonna but would love to see my son again. I hope she comes to visit.”

Which is interesting - not only because it sounds like he's not really being kept in touch with his child, but the words "I have never met Madonna."

Because Madonna told Oprah Winfrey she had met him:
Now, according to the press, David's father is saying he did not fully understand what he was doing when he agreed to let Madonna adopt his son.

"I do not believe that is true. I sat in that room, I looked into that man's eyes," Madonna says."

Perhaps Madonna wields so much influence over Malawian officials they fetched his eyes without bringing the man. Because we can't imagine how she could have looked into the eyes of a man who says he's never met her.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe The Sun made the quote up (nooo, that would never happen), as it's been well documented that they met in court last year - quote from the father from the Mail On Sunday: "I looked directly into her eyes and said, 'Although I am giving you my son I want you to look after him well as he is the only one I possess." Having said that I believe the original adoption arrangement still smells funny. Like Madge's leotard after one of her "thought provoking" live shows.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.