Thursday, April 12, 2007

McCartney, Ono, EMI deal

Eighteen months of heated arguments, frustrated lawyers and furious calculations have ended as EMI and The Beatles settle their differences over claims of unpaid royalties.

Fabgearologists will note that this agreement has come shortly after long-serving Beatle business manager Neil Aspinall quit Apple Corps, which may or may not have had an influence on the settlement. Naturally, the details will remain a closely guarded secret.

The press are spinning this as being another step towards Beatles tracks turning up on legal download services, as if there were people who wanted Helter Skelter on an mp3 player who haven't already got it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? I can't wait to legally download The Best of the Beatles, without a doubt my favourite album by the band! (I'm not sure about this "Helter Skelter" you recommend but I may download it once it appears on iTunes!) I just sure hope I'll get the option to have it with DRM to protect it from getting stolen. I don't want to see any of the people involved not receive the royalties they deserve, especially the kind people at EMI who have dedicated their lives to bringing us quality music (and thank god they got rid of those nasty S** Pistols troublemakers when they did!) Yes I do own the album on LP, CD and cassette for listening to in my car (I'm a true fan!) but this medium truly is the future.

Simon Hayes Budgen said...

Look, Yoko, you know you're not allowed to be online without supervision...

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.