Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Mogwai grind Pepper

Mogwai aren't impressed with the idea of bands recreating Sgt Pepper:

Such musical wonders as James Morrison and The Fratellis are to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Sergeant Pepper's Beatles album by covering songs from it. I cannot wait to hear this meaningful idea.

"Only thing is, can anyone really better the genius of With A Little Help From My Friends? I know Wet, Wet, Wet came really close but it'll take a mastery of music to pull this one off.

"Such classics as A Day In The Life will surely be so difficult to interpret due to its subtleties and beautiful piano breakdown. I cannot wait and I doubt you can either.

Yeah!"

Mogwai are, erm, currently preparing their track for a Pixies tribute album.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.