Tuesday, April 03, 2007

We're sure it's wrong, but we're not quite sure which taboo he's broken

Keith Richards - in a rather loose interpretation of "it's what he would have wanted" - apparently snorted his Dad's remains:

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow."

It's not, strictly speaking, dishonouring your mother and father; nor is it quite cannibalism. But just as there are some lines you should never cross, there are also some lines you should never do - and "your Dad" is surely one of those lines.

We really would advise Keith's kids not to do their same when their pappy goes - his ashes are going to be so pure, they'd make Pete Doherty wince.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone's wrong... I've been reading/hearing/seeing this all over the papers, radio, internet, etc... I think you'll find there's been a big misprint in the original interview... the actual quote should read:
"Things I'd rather do than listen My Chemical Romance? Snort My Father. He was cremated and I'd grind him up with a little bit of blow."

This is the only explanation for this behaviour... well that and a lifetime of drug abuse i suppose...

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.