Thursday, May 31, 2007

Johnny Borrell stands alone to save the planet

Johnny Borrell of Johnny Borrell and the Johnny Borrell Experience Band has dumped his backing blokes for a single in aid of saving the planet.

Funeral Blues is equally notable for having been recorded in the only solar-powered studio in London. It's for Friends of the Earth's big ask campaign, but has nothing to do with it, says Borrell:

"It's a song that I wrote a little while ago, and I've been really looking forward to recording it, but it has nothing to do with the ecological concerns whatsoever."

Well done, then.

Johnny, apparently, is so thick he needed Al Gore to stand in front of him and point out the global warming problem:
"I went to the cinema with a friend. We watched An Inconvenient Truth, that film by Al Gore, and we walked out and were like, 'blimey' so that was it. I just got on the phone the next day. I said, 'I'm Johnny. I'm in a band called Razorlight. Can I help you?'"

It's lucky, we suppose, that Al didn't simply dedicate his movie to the cause but use some old footage that had nothing to do with the ecological concerns whatsoever.

Still, just imagine how much energy can be saved if we all pledge to not buy the single, never download it, never play it, and switch the television off every time Borrell pops up on it. Making a difference already.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.