Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Keith Allen's daughter 'surprised' by support

Lily Allen's range of clothes for New Look has now been deployed on the high street - doubtless your office today is full of women, and the odd bloke, wearing something off the shoulder and horribly clashy ("brightly coloured"). Lily, of course, is attempting some false modesty:

At the launch party she said: "I'm still really freaked out because I usually get really bad press so I feel like everybody hates me.

"I don't really understand why anyone would come and buy these dresses so I am preparing for the shame of tumbleweed in Oxford Street when no one wants them."

Naturally, because New Look would have signed you up and given you a wodge of cash in the expectation that the dresses would end up being recycled into rags for cleaners.

And you "usually get really bad press", do you? Yes, all those fawning pieces about how you're a style icon, and so much more down to earth than Kate Moss, and being called one of the coolest people in rock by the NME - it's just slap, after slap, after slap, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.