Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Marilyn Manson: Did I mention Columbine was nothing to do with me?

Marilyn Manson's attempts to suggest he had nothing to do with Columbine, and would people stop mentioning Columbine in the same breath as his name, because Columbine and Marilyn Manson are nothing to do with each other, right, gets another outing on the Orange Playlist tomorrow night:

"I always knew that I never felt guilty or that I did something wrong. I despised people who accused me of doing that. The whole point of my name was to make a statement about the very same thing I was being blamed for.

"I almost feel cheated if Columbine is talked about and I'm not mentioned because I went through so much bullshit and torment, emotionally and personally, and so much concentrated effort to destroy me that I feel I'm being left out when I'm not mentioned. No one else can take credit for or take responsibility for what I already got blamed for. I don't wanna take responsibility because I already took it.

Really, Marilyn? Are you actually saying that you have taken responsibility for Columbine? Because we remember at the time you were rapidly trying to distance yourself from it, in case it harmed your career?

Are you actually saying that "no-one else can take credit or responsibility for" the shootings? What about Harris and Klebold, especially Harris, who quite convincingly has been diagnosed as a psychopath in the strict medical sense?

Isn't it a little bit sickening for you to still be making hay from telling the world how you suffered in an event where people actually died? To ask for our sympathy because you might have been given a tough time on Fox News for a couple of weeks, without a noticeable dent in your sales figures? At least George Michael's ill-judged piano of peace stunt at the Columbine gates has some desire to heal, however wrong-headed he might be. You, Manson, are still making hay from your non-part in the tragedy. Time, surely, to move on?


3 comments:

Mark Gauthier said...

I don't think so either.

cheers,

Mark

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Either that's a re-hash of the interview he did in The Observer a few weeks back, or Brian's repeating himself.

Anonymous said...

George Michael did outside the Virginia Tech University with John Lennon's piano.

Manson is no better,mind.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.