Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Amy 4Real

A rising pop star, cutting words into their flesh during an interview with a journalist from the pop papers.

Amy Winehouse has gone a bit Richey Manic:

The Camden Caner carved words into her own FLESH, rushed back and forward to the TOILETS and launched into four-letter RANTS during an interview with a US rock mag.

Not, of course, that Victoria Newton has any sympathy for a young woman who's clearly in need of support right now, headlining the report:
Amy's sick self harm stunt

Now, we're no fans of the Winehouse here, but if someone is carving chunks out of their flesh, we can't but be worried for them - and dismissing it as a "sick stunt", like it's Marilyn Manson waving around a walking stick, is missing the point somewhat.

But dont think that Victoria is not concerned:
I fear her behaviour is putting her huge potential for success across the pond in danger.

Yes, that's the real worry here - never mind that Amy is teetering on the brink of a long, hard, deep fall, let's fret about how it might harm chances of getting a good position on the Best Buy racks.

Blake Fielder-Civil takes the interview with Spin to show himself as something of a delight:
The article, which appears in the July edition of the magazine, also shows a chilling, aggressive side to Blake, who got annoyed with a bald man sitting in the bar where the interview took place last month.

The interviewer writes: “Fielder-Civil whispers into my ear cheerily, ‘Tell the guy who looks like he has leukaemia I’m going to slit his throat.’ I don’t.”

Newton, of course, isn't bothered by the callousness or casual violence, but frets about the poor PR:
Hardly the ideal man to have at your side on a charm offensive.

And the "rant" isn't so much a rant as self-flagellation:
“I don’t care. I don’t care about any of this and I don’t have much of an opinion of myself. I don’t think people care about me.

“I made an album I’m very proud of and that’s about it.

“I write songs because I'm fucked in the head and need to get something good out of something bad. I thought, ‘I’m going to die if I don’t write down the way I feel. I’m going to do myself in.’ It’s nothing spectacular.

“I don’t think I’m such an amazing person who needs to be written about.

“And if I did I’d be a fucking right cunt, wouldn’t I?

“Just ask me a silly question, like, What's my favourite Tootsie Pop. I’m just a very silly girl.”

Hopefully, the people who are supposed to support Amy will read this and, unlike Newton, think "this person is in trouble" rather than "well, that's our sales in the MidWest tanked."


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.