Wednesday, June 27, 2007

At least when he interviews Henry Kissinger, there's only one to keep track of

Larry King, flagship presenter on CNN, had a bit of trouble last night interviewing The Beatles.

He forgot which ones were alive, and which were dead:

KING: Where were you when — when John passed?
MCCARTNEY: When John passed I was in Sussex, at my home in Sussex. That’s where I was.
KING: Did somebody call you?
MCCARTNEY: Yes, my manager at the time called me. And it was just the shock of all shocks, you know?
KING: George, where were you?
MCCARTNEY: George!
KING: Ringo.
MCCARTNEY: No, this is Ringo here.
KING: Ringo, where were you?
STARR: I was in the Bahamas.
KING: I was getting to (INAUDIBLE) George.
STARR: I was…
MCCARTNEY: No, you weren’t, Larry. You said his name wrong.
STARR: Shut up, it’s my turn.
MCCARTNEY: I know, but he got your name wrong, Ringo, on national television.
STARR: I know. Give him a break.
MCCARTNEY: We can’t cut it. It’s live.

I suppose we should at least be grateful that he knew two of them had died.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.