Tuesday, June 12, 2007

There's nothing quite as funny as domestic violence

Would Victoria Newton have been quite so chippy about a man getting pissed and beating up his wife as she is about Amy Winehouse's admission that she beats up Blake Fielder-Civil when she's been on the booze?

“I’m either a really good drunk or I’m an out-and-out shit, horrible, violent, abusive, emotional drunk.

“I’ll beat up Blake when I’m drunk. I don’t think I’ve ever bruised him, but I do have my way. If he says one thing I don’t like then I’ll chin him.

“I’m not a fighter, but if I am backed up against the wall I’ll kick the shit out of anyone.

“I don’t think your ability to fight has anything to do with how big you are. It’s to do with how much anger is in you.”

Hmmm. If you have that much anger in you, Amy, you might want to think twice about the amount of alcohol you're topping it up with.

Newton, however, approaches the subject as a bit of a giggle:
The Back To Black singer admitted she has a violent streak that comes out when she drinks — and she often uses new hubby Blake Fielder-Civil as a punch bag.

So I guess it wasn’t only her liver that suffered after she asked for 24 bottles of Moet champagne as part of her festival demands.

I don’t envy Blake his role as the new brunt of her booze binges.

Still, it might explain the Ray-Ban sunglasses which are almost permanently attached to his head.

Has he been using them as the usual boxers’ prop?

I think it’s about time Amy started bee-hiving herself.

Of course, with her editor having spent some time in the cells after "a silly row which got out of hand" with Ross Kemp, perhaps Victoria is wise being careful how she talks about women who attack their partners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.