Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Naomi Campbell misses the point a little

Naomi Campbell - yes, she has released a record, since you ask - has been trying to square the circle to explain why she took part in the "I'd rather go naked than wear fur" campaign and then, erm, started turning up in fur. Apparently, it was PETA's fault:

"When PETA started targetting Anna Wintour and Karl Lagerfield and putting dead animals on their plate, I felt that they went too far and I thought, I didn't want to be a part of this campaign anymore."

But while we can see that you might disagree with PETA and choose to disassociate yourself from the organisation, surely you wouldn't then abandon your convictions - or was it a case of "I hate PETA so much, I'm going to make them squeal?"

No: it's just that Naomi apparently doesn't understand that taking a stand is meant to be different from following a fashion. It turns out that Naomi doesn't have a problem with fur at all:
"I do like wearing fur and I still do."


4 comments:

beketaten said...

What a crazy bitch, and I mean, PETA aggravates me as well, but to be so puzzlingly wishy-washy...One wonders why she participated in the first place?...Possibly because of the "nakedness" implicit in the advertizing blitz's title?...But then again...I love her because she's a crazy, phone-chucking, fur-donning bi0tch to begin with. So yeah.

eyetie said...

Naomi Campbell would be a shoo in for a re-issue of Je Ne Regrette Rien. I imagining some new lyrics to do with PDAs, secretaries, ghost writers, wasted musical opportunities, crap novels, platform shoes and a career built more on controversery than actual talent.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I'd almost forgotten her number 40 smash 'Love and Tears' too...

Anonymous said...

While we're on the subject of Naomi's pop career, back in 1996, she guested on a Japanese singer's theme song for that year's smash hit TV drama (I forget the name of both the singer and the drama, but Japanese pop idol Kimura Takuya was in it, playing a pianist).

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.