Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Gordon in the morning

In his quest for showbiz, erm, Prime Ministery, Gordon Smart has tripped out to meet Leon Jackson, the voting irregularity who won X Factor. The resulting article is largely about how Jackson intends to drink overmuch:

He said: “I’m not shy of nipping to the corner shop to get myself a cheeky half bottle of Buckfast.

“I like to drink my beer but if it’s not going down well I like some vodka Red Bull. It gets me steaming then keeps me going through the rest of the night.”

Gordon is approving:
LEON JACKSON has set his sights on being crowned Bizarre Caner of the Year 2008.

The X Factor winner is barely old enough to drink but happily confessed that he is a lager monster with a taste for vodka Red Bull.

The Scot has even sampled the devil’s brew, Buckfast - the drink of choice for an army of Scottish troublemakers.

Only Smart could call Buckfast - made by monks - "the devil's brew", of course. But we're a little alarmed at this snickering about heavy drinking. Let's hope that Gordon doesn't upset that newspaper which thundered earlier this year:
... as a society we accept alcopops, booze marketed specifically at kids, and we regard binge-drinking as a bit of a joke.

Which paper was that again? Oh, yes: Gordon's own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.