Friday, May 02, 2008

Kylie knight

The French government who, frankly, seem to hand out membership of the the order of Arts and Letters like a commercial radio station hands out signed photos and goodie bags, has decided to honour Kylie Minogue by awarding her the title:

Minogue, who will collect the honour at a ceremony in Paris on May 5th, has been given the award for her “contribution to the enrichment of French culture”.

Blimey, she must have done wonders for Olivier Martinez, musn't she?

Kylie is thrilled, too:
“French culture has influenced me greatly and I have always had colossal respect for the arts and people of France,” Minogue added.

Well, she did have a hit with a French title, didn't she?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget she was in Moulin Rouge too! And the Magic Roundabout, which was based on a French show. And, um, there was that performance of 'I Should Be So Lucky' they used to play on Top of the Pops where she wore a black and white striped sweater (I think the beret blew away before the first verse).

Based on this, I look forward to receiving the title next week when they find out I recently bought 'My French Coach' for the Nintendo DS.

Anonymous said...

she have 1 song with french title lol
also one more sung in french

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.