Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You'd really think the Daily Telegraph had better things to do

But, apparently, not:


Katy Perry admits she has kissed a girl - and liked it

Katy Perry, the Californian chart-topping musician, has revealed she really did kiss a girl, at the age of 19 - and liked it.

Yes, they really did think it was worth mentioning both as a headline and a standfirst. And, indeed, at all. Teenage girl kisses another teenage girl? Is that really a news story in any sense of the word?

To make it worse, the story has been lifted from OK! No wonder the Barclay Brothers hide away on their Channel Islands fortress; wouldn't you be ashamed to mingle in public with people if you'd reduced a once proud newspaper to running stuff like this?
In an interview with OK! magazine, Perry was asked if she really had kissed a girl.

She replied: "Of course. I think I was 19. I kissed a girl and it was great."

She said it went no further and she did not write the song about that one experience or a particular person.

She said: "Growing up I had a friend who, looking back, I think I had an obsessive little crush on her.

"I never kissed her but she was very beautiful and she was like a ballerina and I wanted to copy everything she did. But I think that was kind of the extent of it."

So, Katy, you think you were 19, and you think "that was the extent of it"? Are you telling us you can't be certain that you didn't then get down to some mutual masturbation or indulge in a spot of oral? "I think I might only have kissed her, but this was nearly four years ago and so I can only remember it in just enough detail to pad out another article with coy references to lipstick lesbianism..."

Fancy not being able to remember. It's almost as if she wasn't even there when it happened. Oh... hang on....


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.