Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Al Doyle is happy to make this clear

Hot Chip's Al Doyle seems to have started his own corrections and clarifications column:

"A news article has appeared, quoting me as saying that LCD Soundsystem is over, or that they have split up.

"I would like to clarify that LCD have not disbanded, nor could the entity be disbanded in the sense that it has always had a revolving cast of players – it would be like saying that The Fall had disbanded, or Prince has split up.

"LCD Soundsystem is James Murphy, and he's allowed to take time off, do other things, and come back, or not come back. And he doesn't have to tell you or anyone else about it.

"I didn't know if anything was going on with LCD next year, which is the truth, and that's all I should have said, but I gabbled on a bit because that's the way I am...

"Anyway, I should probably stop doing interviews after this, which is already my second chance. But the main point to take away is that more LCD music is in the pipeline, which is surely good news for everybody."

Also, Doyle is very, very sorry about what he said about Murphy's mother and only meant he could do that sideways with that thing in a metaphorical way and with the way the credit crunch is going, you know, he really could do with the extra work, Mr. Murphy...


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.